Saturday 21 February 2009

Week 4 - yikes!

Being in India is not conducive to studying - purely because there are so many things to do ....
I didn't quite do all the prep I had planned (as in - I did nothing), so my bag has had to be weighted down with OU stuff. Thankfully, all my notes are on the wiki, and all the course materials are available on PDF, so working remotely isn't too bad. The only thing I wasn't able to take was the other laptop, on which I can actually instal some of the freeware for the diagramming etc. On the other hand, if I had, I would probably have distracted myself the entire time....

M359
Have finished Block1Section4 (took MUCH longer than expected) and hope to finish Section5 today. Still loving PBWiki. Must remember to copy PDF of TMA1 to laptop for plane.

T306
Oh. My. God. It's. Very. Frigging. Hard.
I studied about 10 hours yesterday and managed a grand total of 50 pages from section 3. 50 pages is not a lot, especially when you add in that I also spent about 2 hours on this on the plane on the way over. What's stymying (sp?) me is that this is WAY out of my comfort zone for studying -Ethics, epistomology, sentences like "human beings exist only in language". Sure, I'd probably read this for pleasure (or I would have done, back in the day when work didn't monopolise all my thinking energy) but having to read and understand it, in order to be able to discuss it later is another thing entirely.

The only saving grace is that I know this is going to be the hardest course for me - everything else I have left for the degree is at least semi-technical. And, having M359 to distract me when the going gets too tough is a good thing. But yesterday was pretty grim....

Also, I've made the decision to stop using the eternalugrad.livejournal account and just put my learning journal notes in PBWiki. Too many things to be switching between!

Also, read the Project guide again. I am NOT looking forward to that - unless I can pick something within my workplace (although not something on my direct task list) it's going to be a nightmare

This week I need to
  • Finish B1S5 of M359 (slipping behind here)
  • Complete B2S1 of M359.
  • Roughly fill in the rest of M359 TMA1
  • Do some notes on T306 Block1Part3Sections3 (I gave up last night)
  • Put together the structure of T306 TMA1 Q1
  • Complete T306 Block1Part3

Next week I need to
  • Do up the diagrams for M359 TMA1
  • Get husband to show me how to use the calendar bit of my iPhone.
  • Random more study
  • Learn to be a bit more realistic about how much I can study in one go!

No comments:

Post a Comment